WHAT IS A CUSTOM QUILT – It can be T-shirts, Baby Cloths, Memorabilia or Souvenirs. Any fabric or theme can be made into a quilt to be cherished for years.
QUILT DESIGN MAP – The design map below will help you with ideas to create a customized quilt. Let’s get started.
- What is the quilt purpose – a gift, utilize a collection (t-shirts), create a memory (baby clothes) or decoration for the home.
- What size do you need – Throws are the most versatile.
- Consider the design or focus point. (School or sport team colors)
- Is quilting fabric to be used or will there be t-shirts, photos, baby clothes, aloha shirts, military uniforms etc.
- Color of fabric for the back of the quilt. (Solid, print, blanket, two sided quilt)
- Messaging – do you want embroidery, cut out letters for a name, dates etc.
- The final touches are the quilting design and binding color.
Custom color or design, T-shirt, memory or bereavement quilts is a great way to capture memories. Remember to think 2-4 months ahead to have something completed in time for those special occasions. Homemade items always make a special gift.
Custom can be a variety of things. You choose the colors, fabrics and size you want. There are lots of options and I would love to create something unique and special for you.
Approximate prices include pieced top, backing fabric, batting, and binding to finish the edges (prices may vary do to details):
- Baby quilt – $75
- Throw – $150
- Twin – $225
- Full – $300
- Queen – $350
- King – $425
My Textile Artistic Impressions
Quilts are very personal, the gallery above is a glimpse of what I have made over the years. Photographs do not always capture the full effect of a quilt design. Please contact us to purchase a finished quilt, custom design your personal quilt or obtain quilting services to finish your product.