WHAT IS A CUSTOM QUILT – It is a quilt made specifically for you or a person you are providing a gift for. THINK T-SHIRT QUILT.
QUILT DESIGN MAP – The design map below will help you with ideas to create a customized quilt. Let’s get started.
- What is the quilt purpose – a gift, utilize a collection (t-shirts), create a memory (baby clothes) or decoration for the home.
- Consider the size and color of fabric for backing or edges.
- Color of fabric for the back of the quilt. (Solid, print, blanket, two sided quilt)
- Messaging – do you want a quilted message or iron on letters with a name or date.
- The final touch I provide to make is special is the quilting design.
Quilts are a great way to capture memories. Remember to think 2-4 months ahead to have something completed in time for those special occasions. Homemade items always make a special gift.
T-SHIRT QUILTS – Not your regular square blocks. I take an artistic approach and make a collage out of your t-shirts by cutting to the size of the design on the shirt. Every quilt is unique and personal.
Approximate prices include pieced top with filler fabric, quilted onto a throw blanket and binding to finish the edges. This quilted throw is $150. To add quilt fabric and batting in place of the quilt and changing the size will increase the price. Starting prices based on size are below.
- Baby quilt – $75
- Throw – $150
- Twin – $225
- Full – $300
- Queen – $350
- King – $450
My Textile Artistic Impressions
Quilts are very personal, the gallery above is a glimpse of what I have made over the years. Photographs do not always capture the full effect of a quilt design. Please contact us to purchase a finished quilt, custom design your personal quilt or obtain quilting services to finish your product.